For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The difference between roads and rivers is not very ___________ defined on this map. That could be a problem.
2. Out upon the cloud covered hills, we only caught the occasional glimpse of the town lights ___________ far below in the valley.
3. After a month, I will ___________ the ropes and won't keep bothering you for help.
4. Here's something that will give you ___________ for thought. Every year, there are 90 million more people on the Earth than the year before!
5. And also among our guests tonight we are fortunate enough to have the ___________ environmentalist, Kathy Wong.
6. When I ___________ my fingers, I want you to stop playing but continue to tap your feet to the rhythm.
7. ___________ retrospect, we should have noticed how unhappy Carla had become in her marriage. I partly blame myself.
8. Haiti is by far and ___________ the most beautiful place I have ever been to.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email