For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. You seem a strong candidate, Mr. Williams, but you don't quite ___________ our requirements for this post.
2. ___________ by both financial and emotional problems, the father decided he had had enough and slipped away from the house quietly at dawn.
3. I felt let down by a very unsupportive boardroom, ___________ by the very chairman himself, Wilson Gray. I had no choice but to resign.
4. If they ask you about me, don't ___________ that you know where I am, OK?
5. Just remember that August in Australia is ___________ with a North American December, though it doesn't snow!
on a par
6. A(n) ___________ diamond such as this would fetch over one hundred thousand if put up for auction.
7. Only when explorers finally penetrated the ___________ forests of Central and South America were these ruins revealed to the world at last.
8. The average Siberian Stoat family group ___________ one male, two or three females, and the young of all of the females.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email