For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The fish will already give this soup enough salt so you won't need to add much - maybe just a ___________.
2. Stop ___________ me in the back with your finger please. If you want something, just ask like everyone else!
3. A good teacher must be a(n) ___________ one, always prepared to introduce new ideas and technology into the classroom.
4. Having spent too much time playing basketball in his spare time, Roger now found he was falling ___________ the other students in the other subjects at school.
5. Tying all the little pieces of string together to make the long chain was a slow ___________ process which took us over six days in all.
6. Due to heavy snow and high winds, the Bishop Mountain Nature Park will be ___________ for at least the next few days.
7. I have done more than my fair ___________ of work. Now I am having a rest.
8. With the new bridge open across the estuary, the old car ferry was made ___________.
9. When I say I want you to be here at six o'clock, I mean six o'clock ___________. You cannot be late under any circumstances!
on the edge
at the moment
on the dot
10. It was 238 years ago on this ___________ day that the town was founded.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email