For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Not many people have the ___________ to combine both a highly successful business career and a happy marriage.
2. If you are not happy with this resort hotel you will have to make a(n) ___________ for compensation once you return home.
3. Two months after the main parties in the coalition had fallen out leading to the collapse of the government, the leaders met in an attempt to heal the ___________.
4. The bomb explosion left very little of the car and forensic scientists are now busy ___________ through the wreckage trying to find clues to help them in their investigation.
5. As soon as the authorities found out about the jail break, they put up ___________ on all the main roads leading out of the area.
6. Now I am unemployed, I have too much time ___________ and don't know what to do with myself!
on my hands
in my hands
7. The judge gave out what was widely considered to be a ___________ sentence due to the convicted man's deep remorse at his crime.
8. The law banning handguns and other ___________ arms was passed by the parliament without delay.
9. The police caught him as he was running away from the blazing house and he was charged the following day with ___________. His plan was to collect on his house insurance.
10. "Do you want any of these company lottery tickets, Barry?" "Oh yes. Put me ___________ for three. I will get a couple for my wife too."
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email