For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Four-bedroom house for sale. Large garden. Close to ___________. Reduced for quick sale.
2. This is a great example of the Yellow Eared Rabbit, a rabbit ___________ to this part of Portugal and not found anywhere else in the world.
3. The manageress arrived late and in a foul mood going by the ___________ on her face.
4. Jenkins! Yes, you ___________ at the back of the class. If you find this whole episode so funny, why don't you come up to the front and explain to everyone exactly why!
5. We don't know if anyone will come to the warehouse this evening or not to move the stolen money, so just be on the ___________ for any strange activity at all.
6. Though the hotel was a real ___________ place with cracked windows, freezing draughts and creaking floorboards, the staff were just wonderful and we had a great time all in all.
7. Mother arrived home eventually at 5pm ___________ with grocery bags having been out shopping for nearly three hours.
8. I picked up these ___________ from the travel agents today. They have a great offer on cruises to Turkey for the end of April!
9. I first saw my father on the ___________ at the docks after he had disembarked from a troop ship in 1945 at the end of the war. I was four years old.
10. When getting onto a metro or standard train, you should always be careful of the ___________ between the station platform and the train itself. This can be up to 15cm in distance.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email