For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The walls of the local military command were ___________ by anti-government graffiti and that was the first sign of general rebellion in the city.
2. Harris is a great player but often he is ___________ to disappear from a game in the last twenty minutes and that is what happened here today.
3. All the hotels along the river are of good quality except The Palace Hotel. If you ___________ clear of that, you shouldn't have too many problems.
4. I can see how old those jeans are. They have ___________ almost to a sky blue colour after all these years.
5. That old house is ___________ with rats! There is no way I would ever go and live there without at least five cats.
6. What I really ___________ for when I was young was a pony, but my parents didn't have enough money and I had to be happy with a hamster!
7. He was arrested on a lonely highway and charged with drinking while under the ___________ of alcohol.
8. ___________ by despair at her situation, she tried in vain to rob the local bank and ended up in prison for five years.
9. I have to ___________ your offer of money at this time but will consider your generous gift if need be in the future.
10. Bill and Mary resolved their problems after her brother got them to sit down and have a(n) ___________ talk with each other.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email