For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. He was given the France post even though his French is decidedly ___________.
2. What really ___________ me as I walked into the office was the number of women working there!
3. Oh! That guitar is out of ___________. What a horrible sound!
4. The company has a lot of problems but they all seem to ___________ to money.
5. The walls of your bathroom were wet with ___________ after my shower so I opened the window.
6. You treat this house like a hotel, Tim! And you take your mother totally for ___________. You should appreciate what she does for you more.
7. We took Bill ___________ for a couple of months after the fire at his home. It was no trouble as we have the extra bedroom up in the converted loft.
8. ___________ did he complain to the head waiter all night, but he didn't leave a tip at the end of the night either!
on no account
9. ___________ you get the job. Where would you go and live?
as long as
10. Did you ever ___________ for anything when you were a child or did you have everything you desired?
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email