For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. It was a ___________ good film, Howard. You absolutely have to go and see it!
2. There is too much weight on that table. It won't ___________ for much longer.
3. They had to buy a lot of equipment for the old boat ___________ a new anchor.
4. I went to see the boss about a pay rise and he brushed me ___________ with a weak excuse about a business dinner and left me standing there!
5. Can you ___________ who is at the door while I take the meat out of the oven?
6. You should always be ___________ when someone you don't know calls at your house.
7. The new controversial tax law comes into ___________ from next May. Everyone should prepare themselves to avoid problems.
8. We don't seem to have any more of that title, Sir. It is out of ___________ but we are getting a new delivery next Thursday if you would like to pop back then.
9. The new teacher was taken advantage of by the students and often had to ___________ her authority.
10. You can't go to the interview with your shoes like that! Why don't you give them a quick ___________?
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email