For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. My company has just spent two million dollars ___________ a world famous artist to paint a huge mural for the main entrance foyer.
2. During the riots, hundreds of people broke into the city's main department store and ___________ it. There was almost nothing left after the night had finished.
3. The new government group will ___________ the effects of smoking on the academic abilities of people under 18 years of age.
4. This fruit has been in the fridge for over three weeks! It is all ___________.
5. I don't think Jones and Marlowe should work together on this project. They have shown us before that they are quite ___________ as partners.
6. You have been ___________ with first degree murder. How do you plea?
7. That old house hasn't been lived in for nearly thirty years hence the fact that it looks so ___________.
8. The great thing about this bank loan is that they give you so long to ___________.
pay it off
pay it in
give it up
pay it up
9. We can't use this table as it isn't totally ___________. The balls will roll to one side.
10. ___________ me another beer, Des. Then I really must be going. It is quite late!
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email