Choose the best word to complete each sentence.
1. _____ everything looked so in order, we didn't clean anything else.
2. _____ he knew he was in the wrong, he had to apologise.
3. Go down on your hands and knees _____ cut the chances of falling and hurting yourself.
so as to
in order that
4. This is a machine _____ polishing wooden floors. We use it in the school.
5. I decided to do a Swedish course _____ I was going to live in Sweden for a year.
6. We couldn't sleep last night at all _____ all the noise downstairs.
7. _____ it was already dark, we waited no longer and went home.
8. _____ Mrs. Jones falling ill so suddenly, we've cancelled the conference.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email