Choose the best word to complete these sentences.
1. The new law was introduced ________ conditions in prisons would be improved.
2. ________ he was so keen on cooking, he went to do a chef course in Paris.
3. ________ the apartment is so new, it should sell for a good price.
4. ________ the company didn't offer Jeanie a new pay rise, she left and found a new job.
5. We expected the money ________ he had promised it to us.
6. The man lay awake in the bed ________ he was exhausted.
7. The streets were filled with water ________ the rain.
8. They can't attend tonight's meeting, John, ________ not being members.
on account of
in case of
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email