B2 First (FCE) - Writing Test Five
Time: 1hr 20mins
You must answer this question. Write your answer in 140-190 words in an appropriate style on the separate answer sheet.
1. Your teacher has asked you to write an essay in response to the following statement taken from a recent newspaper article:
Write an essay using all your notes and giving reasons for your point of view.
People must be less selfish in order to help the environment!
1. Taking foreign holidays
3. ................ (your own idea)
Write an answer to one of the questions 2-4 in this part. Write your answer in 140-190 words in an appropriate style on the separate answer sheet.
Your college is considering sending a group of students overseas to study in a student exchange program.
Your college principal has asked you to write a report considering whether this should go ahead or not. You report should:
- The advantages and disadvantages of spending a period abroad studying.
- A conclusion with your recommendation.
Write your report.
3. This is part of an email that you have received from your English-speaking friend, Igor:
From: Igor Kutsanov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Study, study, study!
I'm sorry I haven't written for so long. I have so many exams at college at the moment and I've been really stressed out about it.
Do you have any advice you could give me about studying for exams? Where do you think the best place to study is? I've been going to bed so late - maybe that's not such a good idea! I would appreciate any good tips you could give me.
Bye for now.
Write your email.
4. You see this announcement on an English school website:
My Language Learning Secrets!
What secrets do you have for learning a language successfully? What has worked well for you? What tips could you give to language learners who are struggling?
Write an article for us and let us know what your secrets are.
We will publish the best articles on the school website next month.
Write your article.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email