B2 First (FCE) - Writing Test Two
Time: 1hr 20mins
You must answer this question. Write your answer in 140-190 words in an appropriate style on the separate answer sheet.
1. Your teacher has asked you to write an essay in response to the following statement taken from a recent newspaper article:
Write an essay using all your notes and giving reasons for your point of view.
1. Fast food and phones
3. ................ (your own idea)
Write an answer to one of the questions 2-4 in this part. Write your answer in 140-190 words in an appropriate style on the separate answer sheet.
2. This is part of an email that you have received from an English-speaking boy, Stefan:
From: Stefan Larssen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Let's write to each other!
I was given your email address by my English teacher. I understand that you are looking for English-speaking friends to write to and I would love that too.
Tell me something about yourself and the town where you live. What sort of things do you get up to in your spare time? I would love to come and visit your country in the summer. Do you think this would be something we could organise?
I hope to hear from you soon.
Write your email.
The local government are interested in spending more money on sports facilities in your town.
You have been asked to write a report for the politician responsible for deciding how the money should be spent. You report should:
- Explain the most popular sporting activities in your town.
- Make suggestions about how increased funding could be spent.
Write your report.
4. You see this announcement on an English technology website:
The World Without The Internet
Could you survive in a world without the Internet? How much have you come to rely on it? Do you think there is a negative side to it?
Write an article for us answering these questions.
We will publish the best articles on the website next month.
Write your article.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email