B2 First (FCE) - Writing Test One
Time: 1hr 20mins
You must answer this question. Write your answer in 140-190 words in an appropriate style on the separate answer sheet.
1. In your English class, you have been talking about buying a house. Now, your English teacher has asked you to write an essay.
Write an essay using all your notes and giving reasons for your point of view.
Some young people find it hard to buy their first house or flat. Do you agree?
2. Property prices
3. ................ (your own idea)
Write an answer to one of the questions 2-4 in this part. Write your answer in 140-190 words in an appropriate style on the separate answer sheet.
Some business leaders are coming to your town to find out more about the shopping facilities.
You have been asked to write a report for the leader of the group. Your report should:
- Explain what are the most popular types of shop in your town.
- Include ideas for how the shopping facilities can be improved.
Write your report.
3. You see this announcement on an English website:
Book Reviews Wanted
Books We All Love!
We all have our favourite books. What's yours? Tell us what you loved about it and why it has always been your favourite.
We will publish the best reviews on the website next month.
Write your review.
4. This is part of an email that you have received from your English-speaking friend, Jan:
From: Jan Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Must get fit!
I haven't been feeling great recently. I've put on a lot of weight and haven't been doing any exercise.
Sophie told me yesterday that you lost a lot of weight last year. Have you got any tips about what I should be doing? Anything I should avoid? I would really appreciate any help you could give me.
Write your email.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email