For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The champion dancer will hold a press ___________ tomorrow at which you will all be able to ask her any questions you may have.
2. When the water ___________, put the eggs in and leave them there for just over two minutes.
3. This rain means we can't go to the zoo today. ___________, I have a lot to do and it's best we stay home.
on the other hand
4. ___________ you don't stay out too late, you may go to the party. But remember to be back here no later than 11.30pm.
5. Your attitude ___________ it absolutely impossible for me to sympathise with you, Jenny!
6. The government has a ___________ range of powers to deal with security threats, some of them introduced in recent years.
7. The problem with your daughter, Mrs. Reilly, is that she sits in my class paying ___________ or no attention to anything that is happening in the class.
8. Have you ___________ to the same conclusion as I have, Martin? That it must have been William in your office last night?
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email