For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. I don't need these old typewriters any more. If you can ___________ a good use for them, you can have them for nothing.
2. I didn't buy this ring. It was ___________ down to me by the brother of my mother, my uncle Peter, when I was only 12 years old.
3. The two soldiers lost in the desert looked up at the sun ___________ in the blue sky and looked nervously at each other.
4. I can't ___________ why you lent him the money. You know how unreliable he is.
5. There's no way I can let you go out again tonight. ___________, it's raining very hard.
6. Only put a little oil in the mixture. If you ___________ in too much, it will make the cake very greasy - and not very healthy either.
7. The wild area to the north of the lake ___________ of conifer forests and small lakes full of trout.
8. Now we are going to play a game which should be ___________ to you all: scrabble! Let's pick teams first!
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email