For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Inspector Grant visited the suspect's house on three occasions and on the third ___________ a remarkable discovery.
2. By studying fossils, many things can be learnt including even the events that ___________ to the animal's death.
3. To ___________ up, what we would like to see is a more aggressive policing in the area and more attention given to the victims of crime...and less to the criminals!
4. My uncle has a large greenhouse in his garden which he uses to ___________ tropical fruit.
5. If we want to get to Chicago by sunset, it ___________ having to leave at dawn tomorrow.
6. It will be hard to find the area of land ___________ to build a factory such as this.
7. I like my part time job but I would like all the advantages of having a full-time contract ___________ a company car and a good vacation package.
8. Be careful swimming Jason. The water here gets very ___________ suddenly.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email