For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. It was in the 19th Century that scientists began to realise that monkeys and apes were ___________ relatives of man.
2. Overall, six universities have accepted my application but I ___________ to go to Chicago because my aunt and uncle live there.
3. The ___________ of the coastal areas in these parts were called 'Myami', but the tribes died out around 600 years ago as European explorers moved into the area.
4. He's taken my bag! Just when you need a policeman there isn't a single one in ___________!
5. Christmas Day ___________ on a Sunday this year.
6. My original ___________ was not to cut jobs but only to reduce expenditure in the company.
7. Why are you blaming your sister? In my opinion, you are ___________ to blame for this accident!
8. You should ___________ advantage of our special offer while we have it Mrs. Foulkes.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email