C1 Advanced (CAE): Writing Test 6
1 hour 30 minutes to complete.
You must answer this question. Write your answer in 220-260 words in an appropriate style on the separate answer sheet.
1. You attended a meeting at a local school where possible new additions to the curriculum were discussed. You have made the notes below:
What subjects can we add to our school curriculum?
- computer programming
- home decoration and repair
Some opinions expressed during the meeting:
"We need to consider those who won't go to university."
"Learn Latin and you're halfway to learning any other language."
"We need to prepare our children for the modern world they live in!"
Write an essay, discussing two of the subjects in your notes. You should explain which subject would help students most, giving reasons in support of your answer.
You may, if you wish, make use of the opinions expressed in the meeting, but you should use your own words as far as possible.
Write an answer to one of the questions 2-4 in this part. Write your answer in 220-260 words in an appropriate style on the separate answer sheet.
2. You see the following advert in a TV magazine:
TV Show Reviews Wanted
Send us your TV series reviews and we'll print them and pay you! Why do you like the series? Who are your favourite characters? What are some of the best storylines so far?
Write your review.
3. You are working as children's entertainment officer in a resort hotel. Your friend is keen on finding a similar job and has written to you asking for information about the job and what is involved.
Write an email to your friend describing your day-to-day responsibilities, the problems you encountered and some advice on getting the most out of the position.
Write your email.
4. A class that you go to recently had a debate about how richer countries could help those in the developing world. You agreed to write a report on the main issues discussed:
- food aid
- provide experts e.g. teachers, doctors, architects
- fewer visa restrictions
- open up trade
Write your report.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email