C1 Advanced (CAE): Writing Test 4
1 hour 30 minutes to complete.
You must answer this question. Write your answer in 220-260 words in an appropriate style on the separate answer sheet.
1. You attended a lecture at a local business centre where the advantages of working from home were discussed. You have made the notes below:
How can working from home be beneficial?
- Effects on traffic
- Less office space required
- Happier employees
Some opinions expressed during the lecture:
"People working alone at home go crazy!"
"Face-to-face meetings are crucial."
"Will everybody have this privilege?"
Write an essay, discussing two of the benefits in your notes. You should explain which benefit would be most important, giving reasons in support of your answer.
You may, if you wish, make use of the opinions expressed in the lecture, but you should use your own words as far as possible.
Write an answer to one of the questions 2-4 in this part. Write your answer in 220-260 words in an appropriate style on the separate answer sheet.
2. Your class is doing a project about endangered species. As part of this project, you recently visited a zoo that is trying to conserve some of the rarest species of butterfly in the world.
Write a report on what you witnessed at the zoo and how you think this could be used as a good example for other zoos. You should also talk about the value of the work the zoo is doing.
Write your report.
3. The director of the local university has asked you to suggest improvements to the university library, which suffers from under-use and untidy organisation.
Write a proposal including recommendations about how to attract more students to use it and to make it more user-friendly.
Write your proposal.
4. You have received the following letter from a friend.
I've just found out I'm coming to stay in your town for a few days. I have some work meetings there.
What can I do there? Can you give me a few suggestions - places to eat, somewhere interesting or historical to visit. What's the weather likely to be next month?
Write your letter of reply.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email