For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Disaster ________ on the fairground ride when one of the children released the safety bar.
2. Pesticides have meant that many butterflies ________ to this area are no longer found.
3. The sacked teacher returned to the school and made ________ with computer equipment worth thousands.
4. Even though the accused didn't ________ out his threat, the victim was left terrified.
5. "It is only through the generous ________ given to me by this college that I'm able to continue my work."
6. Great care must be taken with fireworks and similar devices that can ________ injury.
7. The Dollar-Euro exchange rate has ________ a lot throughout the year.
8. Many animals are endangered because humans have ________ their usual habitat.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email