For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Hal's parents apologised for their treatment of him and said they wanted to ________ the situation.
2. A truck that was carrying food ________ fell into the river, but the driver managed to escape.
3. You simply must invite Carol to the party. She's always the life and ________ of any evening.
4. I'm tired and in pain and what's ________, I didn't even want to come here.
5. Sadness is an ________ part of the bereavement process.
6. If you read Anna's comments in ________, you'll see there wasn't anything wrong with them.
7. Much of South America was ________ when diseases were introduced by arriving Europeans.
8. This chain of mountains ________ its name from an ancient tribe that lived in the area.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email