For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Two ferries ________ today in the main harbour, but there were no injuries.
2. The red squirrel, once ________ throughout Britain, is now restricted to the north.
3. In many countries, specially trained dogs are used to ________ hidden drugs.
4. Once you ________ the border, you are subject to the laws of another country.
5. The film last year helped to ________ interest in 1920s fashion and even ways of speaking.
6. We have decided to ________ the Premium 2000 computer security system. It's too old now.
7. It was the child's history teacher that first realised she was being ________ at home.
8. Police told everyone to stay at home until the ________ of thieves had been captured.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email