For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Much of the neighbourhood was demolished in the 1940s when living ________ had deteriorated.
2. Scientists are yet to understand the full nutritional ________ of the humble olive.
3. You can come and ________ us performing this operation, if you want.
4. Bears used to be very ________ in this part of the country, but nobody has seen one for ten years.
5. Ben was ________ to the court for jury duty, but took a doctor's note with him and was excused.
6. The police ________ four states in pursuit of the bank robber.
7. After three years of ________, the country's economy is finally looking a lot healthier.
8. We altered our final ________ of yearly profits due to more accurate advertising and marketing costs.
Tell your friends about us!
Share By Email