Choose the best answer for each question, then click at the bottom to receive your grade. GOOD LUCK!
Back to Quiz Main Page.
1. Your student has big problems with fricatives. Which word will cause greater difficulty for this student?
2. If your school had a power cut, which would be worst affected?
3. What type of reading is a person most likely to use when looking up a phone number in the directory?
4. Which of the following sentences would naturally have most examples of "weak forms"?
Give me a large, cold beer at once.
That man wants me to go and speak with him.
The yellow one is the only one that I can see.
Help me understand the main points of this problem.
5. Giovanni from Italy has problems with consonant clusters. Which word in the following sentence may cause him a problem. "Spring came very quick that year and Philip said goodbye to his wife and headed north."
6. The director of your school wants "realia" to play a bigger part in your lessons. What does he/she want from you?
more honesty with the students about their problems
more conversation about real life
more authentic materials
more authentic accent from you
7. Some teachers use a piece of paper or a light piece of cloth in front of students' mouths in their teaching of what phonetic phenomenon?
8. A native speaker from New York and one from London meet up. What will be the same?
9. The English word "rest" and the Italian word "restare" do not mean the same thing. What is this an example of?
10. Which of the following should you worry about if your boss says it is too high during your lessons?