C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is word formation where a student needs to uses a root such as 'friend' and creates an appropriate word (friendly, befriend, friendship) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Word Formation Worksheet 4
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. Why don't you demand a bigger say in the running of the company? Your ______________ acceptance of every decision is ______________ harming the health of the business.
2. Journalists are often criticised for their ______________ style of journalism which doesn't respect the ______________ of especially celebrities.
3. Hard drugs have had a very ______________ effect on this community.
4. The best actor Oscar went to John Garaint for his role as the ______________ cruel mobster in "Tough Streets".
5. The ______________ that his mother was ill forced the suspect to give himself up to the police.
6. Many natural remedies are ______________ to patients but often doctors are unaware of the ______________ possibilities offered by alternative medicines.