Phrasal Verb Generator 9
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. Wayne has been so depressed recently. We should do something to CHEER him UP.
2. I know you don't intend do, Roger, but you COME ACROSS as very aggressive in the meetings. You need to be more diplomatic when you speak.
3. When his girlfriend HUNG UP on him, Ben stayed holding the phone for a few moments, in shock.
4. We're totally lost! Open the glovebox and LOOK FOR a map. It should be in there.
5. The boss's face reddened when his personal assistant POINTED OUT that he was wrong.
6. We can't PUT OFF decorating the apartment any longer. It looks so shabby!
7. My mother TURNED UP last night without warning and told me she was going to stay for a month! I'm sleeping on the sofa now.
8. I've USED UP all my credit at the local bank. I don't know how I'm going to afford rent next month. I should e-mail the bank manager.