Phrasal Verb Generator 15
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. She only began her sailing course a week ago, but she's really TAKEN TO it.
2. Why is the machine shaking like that? Quickly, TURN it OFF.
3. LEAVE the dog ALONE today, I think he's feeling a bit sick.
4. We BROKE DOWN on the interstate about 12 miles from home and had to call the breakdown truck to come and get us.
5. The two sisters argue in 30s and didn't speak to each other for 30 years. Everybody in the family was so happy when they finally MADE UP.
6. We've got a very long trip tomorrow, John. You'd better get to bed now as we're HEADING OFF at 6:30 in the morning.
7. The new management team managed to TURN the company's fortunes AROUND in less than six months.
8. Clara took a powerful painkiller just after lunch, but its effects WORE OFF by dinnertime.