Phrasal Verb Generator 10
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. Once I got two threatening letters from his lawyer, I had to BACK DOWN or accept the possibility of being sued in court.
2. This report is very thin, Melanie. We need to BEEF it UP with some juicy stats, perhaps a pie chart or two.
3. I love Italian restaurants, but we go so rarely now that's it's expensive to EAT OUT.
4. The wet clay fell into the sink and FELL APART in the water. The pot was ruined and she had to start again.
5. Sue has very low blood pressure. When she stands up too quickly, she can PASS OUT.
6. I had a lisp when I was younger and some of the other kids would PICK ON me at school.
7. We have a lot of work to do. Let's SET ABOUT organizing things straight away!
8. Jim's wife was furious when he SHOWED UP to the party drunk. They had a huge row and left.