Phrasal Verb Generator 6
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. Even though he was proved wrong, he absolutely refused to ___________.
2. There were two pilots on the flight to Australia and they ___________ after half the flight was completed.
3. Can you ___________ my cat for a few days while I am away on business?
4. The baby has been quite ill this week and yesterday, after dinner, _______________ her dinner.
5. If the children ___________ while we are out Kathy, put them to bed and don't let them watch TV in their rooms, OK?
6. I have a splitting headache and I certainly don't ___________ to going to watch a concert.
7. There was a stupid man in the post office asking about the history of stamps. He ___________ the line of people for fifteen minutes!
8. We both left university the same year and ___________ our own business called "Fluffy Fings".
9. Don't get him worried about money. If I were you, I'd ___________ the importance of getting the loan or he will panic.
10. The government should ___________ their fine words about foreign aid with real increases in the money they give to the Third World.