Phrasal Verbs With "Make"
For each space in each sentence, use the verb make with one of the prepositions from the box.
1. We went to the Modern Art Gallery but I honestly didn't know what to __MAKE OF__ half the pictures. Just seemed very strange to me!
2. What a strange painting! I can't ___MAKE OUT___ what it's supposed to be.
3. An Italian __MADE OFF__ with the Mona Lisa painting from the Louvre, Paris in 1911.
4. We had a terrible row about money last night, but we eventually __MADE UP__ and are fine again now.
5. First she said she was the new head of her department, then we discovered she was __MADE UP__ the whole tale.
6. After the train got delayed, we managed to __MAKE UP__ 20 minutes and still caught the plane on time.
7. If you get lost, __MAKE FOR__ the nearest police station and ask directions there.
8. John __MADE OUT__ he was injured just so he wouldn't have to play soccer for the afternoon.