Phrasal Verbs With "Keep"
For each space in each sentence, use the verb keep with one of the prepositions from the box.
1. You should __KEEP AWAY__ from that old factory - it could be dangerous.
2. Not even serious illness would __KEEP HIM FROM__ (him) going to work. He was a complete workaholic.
3. __KEEP OFF__ that new cement! It's still wet and I don't want to have to redo it!!
4. If you __KEEP ON__ eating all that chocolate, you'll get fat.
5. Heading into these dangerous mountains, it's advisable to __KEEP TO__ the marked paths.
6. The teacher __KEPT IN__ all the disobedient students after school for an hour.
7. Even if you feel really angry during the meeting, try and __KEEP IT IN__ (it) until afterwards and we can talk about it then.
8. Then the doctor said I should __KEEP OFF__ dairy products for up to a month and the problem would resolve itself.
9. I hope this company __KEEPS ME ON__ (me) for at least another six months. I really need the money.
10. Walk faster, Chloe! If you don't __KEEP UP__ with the rest of us, we'll return home immediately.