Phrasal Verbs With "Break"
For each space in each sentence, use the verb break with one of the prepositions from the box.
1. When he saw the police behind him, he _______________ a run.
2. Bring your mobile phone just in case the car _______________ on the motorway.
3. War has _______________ in the small African country of Gabon. All Europeans are advised to leave immediately.
4. If the expenses and income of a company are equal, the company _______________. If it earns more money, it has made a profit.
5. Someone is _______________! I heard a window smashing. Call the police!
6. When Prince Charles _______________ with Princess Diana, nobody imagined he would marry again.
7. A general election was called after negotiations between the government and the opposition _______________.
8. After the First World War, the Ottoman Empire was _______________.
9. In "Jurassic Park", there is panic and chaos when the carnivorous dinosaurs _______________ of their enclosures.
10. Go slowly in that new car for a few days. You need to _______________ the engine.