That's Not A Verb!
Look at the list of nouns in the box below. They are also all, incredibly, verbs. Try to select the correct ones to fill the spaces
1. Try and __________ what the house will be like once the builders have finished.
2. Mr. Winston will __________ this meeting as our usual president is ill today.
3. Shakespeare is considered to be the writer who __________ more phrases than anyone else.
4. Can you help me with these leaflets Carl? I have to __________ one to every woman who is with a child.
5. This wall is too rough. We will have to __________ it down before we can paint it.
6. The smugglers __________ their boat and unloaded the stolen whiskey into the waiting car.
7. That student of mine has been __________ me with stupid questions all week. Why doesn't he go and use the library?
8. A male wolf can __________ up to 200 cubs in its lifetime.
9. The snow is getting really heavy now. I think we should __________ for help down in the valley.
10. Why don't you __________ a letter to your father seeing as you have a spare twenty minutes.
11. Captain, how many men were __________ the lifeboats when the ship finally sank?
12. Sir, could you get out of your car please. We have just __________ you doing over 115mph! Do you have an explanation?
Can you think of more usual verbs that could be used for each question?