Advanced Level >> Error Correction/Editing Worksheets >> A series of worksheets focusing on the 'extra word' type of editing. Each sentence on the worksheet has an extra word which students have to find. Tests student knowledge of a wide variety of grammatical and lexical forms.
Extra Word Worksheet 9
For each sentence, find the word that doesn't belong.
e.g. I didn't want to study any longer but my mother made me
to continue for another hour.
1. The exam was much complicated and I don't think I did very well in it.
2. There were no many people around so we took the bicycle and walked away as fast as we could.
3. The Shetland Pony is one of the smallest these examples of the horse family in the world.
4. If you prefer go the cinema tonight, they are giving away free tickets.
5. I must have seen this film already. I went last Friday with Harry and we thought it was terrible.
6. I never used to a computer when I was at school but my younger brother, who started five years later, used to use them all the time.
7. As well as my sister, I also have an elder brother and we are often play sports together on Saturdays and Sundays.
8. If you come round tomorrow, I will tell you about me and Mike's anniversary evening and the restaurant we ate in there.