Advanced Level >> Error Correction/Editing Worksheets >> A series of worksheets focusing on the 'extra word' type of editing. Each sentence on the worksheet has an extra word which students have to find. Tests student knowledge of a wide variety of grammatical and lexical forms.
Extra Word Worksheet 11
For each sentence, find the word that doesn't belong.
e.g. I didn't want to study any longer but my mother made me
to continue for another hour.
1. Phone to Mike immediately and tell him to get me some milk while he's at the store.
2. I am trying to find the right road to reach Abbeville but I have no idea which one road it is. Could you help?
3. If you agree to put on up my parents just for a few days, I promise we can go on that skiing vacation we have always been talking about.
4. Don't go to the supermarket in the town centre. "McDougal's" is better store and it is nearer too!
5. My brother gets up on Sundays very late and is becoming usually not up until after ten o'clock.
6. Is it worth to going to see your mother? I didn't think she was talking to me any more after our argument.
7. You should always try to speak as well in interviews. It gives a good impression to the person who may become your boss.
8. When I was being a child, this whole area was full of farms and there used to be a small pond over there that we used for fishing.