Relative Pronouns Sentence Transformation Worksheet
Rewrite each of these sentences using no more than FIVE words in each space and using the word in the brackets without changing it.
1. Mario is the guy who cuts my hair every month. He's 37 today.
Mario _________________________________ has his birthday today (who)
2. Carol's house is the largest in the street. She's my neighbor.
My neighbour is Carol _________________________________ in the street. (whose)
3. We'll meet at Christmas. We'll talk about it then.
We'll talk about it at _________________________________ be at home. (when)
4. I spoke to one of the women. She was the one wearing the red skirt.
I spoke to _________________________________ the red skirt. (who)
5. We stayed in the Lodge Hotel in Vermont. It was our honeymoon.
It was the Lodge Hotel in Vermont _________________________________. (where)
6. Give me the scissors. Give me the ones that cut well.
Give me the _________________________________. (which)
7. My wife hit that dog with the car. The dog was very old.
That's the dog _________________________________ the car. (whom)
8. Radio was invented in the early 20th century. Marconi was the famous inventor.
Marconi became famous in the early 20th century _________________________________ the radio. (when)