Leaving Out Relative Pronouns
Look at these sentences, which all use relative pronouns. Which ones can be omitted?
1. That was the place I'd seen you. (using "in" makes the sentence better)
2. Hannah went to get the book I'd lent her the day before.
3. It was raining again. The rain always reminded her of the city where they went for their honeymoon. (needs "to" for omission)
4. Maxine was furious. "Tell that brother of yours, who I never want to see again, that it's over, finished!"
5. Tell me the song which makes you feel happiest.
6. The conference will take place in Geneva. Please e-mail a list of all the lectures you want to attend.
7. Which is the color you would like for the kitchen? Cream?
8. The man fell over in the street and it was his own sister who found him there.