Upper Intermediate Level >> Vocabulary Worksheets >> Vocabulary worksheet to help students to live in a world far from their usual metric comforts. This type of exercise is vital for students living in an English-speaking country and facilitates a stress-free everyday life.
Weights and Measures
You first need to put the following weights and measures into the correct column depending on what they are used for.
|Small Distances||Long Distances||Temperature and Area||Weight||Liquids|
Now say what unit you would use to measure the following. Sometimes, more than one answer is possible.
1. football field - YARDS, ACRES, FEET
2. petrol in a car - GALLON
3. beer - GALLON, PINT
4. hot summer's day - FAHRENHEIT
5. cheese from a shop - POUND, OUNCES
6. distance to the sea - MILES
7. length of your garden - YARDS
8. size of Britain - HECTARES, MILES
9. weight of an elephant - POUNDS, TONS
10. height of Tom Cruise - FEET