Collocations - Nouns
Choose the best verb or adjective from the table below to go with the nouns and complete the sentences.
1. Many people have recently been _________ the abolition of circuses as they are seen as cruel to animals.
2. The management and the workers _________ a bargain which led to the strike ending peacefully.
3. Both armies suffered _________ casualties in the battle and the result was indecisive.
4. There is _________ danger that the _________ situation may degenerate into war.
5. The _________ economy in Singapore is the result of low interest rates and taxation.
6 Poor planning at the initial stages of the project _________ failure.
7. I'm not sure what color his jacket was as I only _________ a glimpse of him.
8. He has no idea what he wants to do for a job but seems satisfied living in _________ ignorance.
9. He would lie to his own mother. He is a _________ liar.
10. The secret to a _________ marriage is honesty on both sides.
11. The TV stations _________ the news of the president's death at around 9pm.
12. After the riots, military police were brought into the area to _________ order.
13. The photographer was miles from the yacht and the light was poor and that is why it is such a _________ photo.