One Word Or Two
Look at each of these sentences. Look at the expressions than can be one word (maybe) or two (may be) and decide if there is an error or not.
THE CORRECT ANSWERS ARE BELOW:
1. Maybe your friend will come later in the day.
2. Every day, I ask myself if I want to stay in this job or not.
3. Your father may be stubborn, but you should treat him better - he is your father!
4. The woman was complaining about prices in the shops, saying she couldn't afford even common everyday items such as bread and milk.
5. John picks up Jenny from work at six o'clock every day. He drives her home and picks her up the next morning.
6. Is there any way for me to apply for this job or is it too late?
7. Sometimes, I see you deep in thought and it seems you're very unhappy.
8. I'm glad I saw Tom tonight. Anyway, let's talk about something else for a bit.
9. We all thought it was a very hard exam, so maybe the pass mark will be quite low.
10. That may be the funniest joke I've ever heard!