Past Simple - Passive
The passive is used when the object of a sentence is more important than the subject.
James Cameron directed Titanic (Active)
Titanic was directed by James Cameron (Passive)
To form the past passive we use 'To Be' (past) + past participle
Make passive sentences from the following information:
1. 1937 \ ballpoint pen \ invent
2. hospital \ open \ The Queen \ last week
3. car \ steal \ 22.00 last night
4. you \ see \ with another woman!
5. what time \ he \ attack?
6. we \ meet \ at the airport \ tour guide
7. they \ marry \ vicar dressed like Elvis Presley
8. in 2000 \ Ferrari \ Schumacher and Barichello
9. Poland \ invade \ 1939