Use of Future Tenses
Match each sentence with a lettered explanation of why that form is being used. Write the correct letter at the end of each sentence.
- A future fact, something certain.
- A regular schedule, often a timetable or something written in a diary.
- An expression of an opinion about the future.
- A future action, decided at that moment.
- A prediction of a future action, based on something you see now.
- A future plan, often used with a time expression.
- A future action, decided before, something planned.
- An expression of a hope, promise or threat for the future.
1. The bus leaves for Houston and half past four in the afternoon. ____
2. Oh no! I don't have any money. I'll go to the ATM before I meet you at the restaurant. ____
3. Don't worry, I know I don't have much money with me. I'm going to stop at the ATM before going to the restaurant. ____
4. Stop the dog jumping up at the table. That bottle of wine is going to fall over! ____
5. I'm seeing Helen at seven. She wants to talk about her new job. ____
6. The next athletics championships will be held in Sweden. ____
7. I won't speak to her if she comes here - I haven't forgiven her! ____
8. Don't worry about your dog, Jenny. He'll probably come back home on his own. ____