Pre-Intermediate Level >> Speaking and Conversation Materials/Discussion Starters >> Students construct questions using prompts - and then use these same questions to interview their partners.
1. Q: WHAT TYPES OF FOOD DO YOU LIKE / LIKE COOKING?
A: All types. Especially Greek and Mexican.
2. Q: DO YOU LIKE GOING OUT TO RESTAURANTS TO EAT?
A: No, I don't. I prefer to stay at home to eat.
3. Q: DO YOU PREFER COOKING FOR YOURSELF OR FOR OTHER PEOPLE?
A: Oh, definitely for other people. I hate cooking only for myself.
4. Q: WHAT IS THE MOST PEOPLE YOU HAVE COOKED FOR?
A: It was five years ago for a birthday meal. I cooked for at least 15 people.
5. Q: CAN YOUR PARENTS COOK?
A: Well, my mother can but my father can't. Not even a boiled egg!
6. Q: DO YOU LIKE DOING THE WASHING UP AFTER YOU EAT?
A: No, I don't but it's not important because we have a dishwasher in the kitchen.