Past Simple Gap Fill Worksheet 1
Choose one of the verbs from the box to fill the gap in each sentence. You need to put the verb into the past simple.
1. I got up early today and __HAD__ a long, hot shower.
2. Even though you __LOST__ your passport, you can't enter the country. You will need to apply for a new one.
3. When the teacher asked Jeremy for the answer, he __TOLD__ her he didn't understand the question.
4. Margie and her husband __LEFT__ for the airport on time but got __CAUGHT__ in traffic and arrived late.
5. We __SLEPT__ badly last night because of the traffic noise. We feel terrible!
6. The company __CHOSE__ a black and yellow logo for their website. They decided the red one was too bright.
7. I __WROTE__ my idea on this envelope last night, but now I can't read it.
8. The manager was furious and __TORE__ the contracts before walking out of the meeting.