Past Simple Gap Fill Worksheet 4
Choose one of the verbs from the box to fill the gap in each sentence. You need to put the verb into the past simple.
1. The dog _________ the little girl and her parents _________ her to the hospital.
2. Yesterday, my mother _________ my hair for me. I think it looks great!
3. There was a small fire in the apartment last night. A candle _________ on the bed.
4. The Patriots _________ the Cougars 21-17 in the big match last Sunday.
5. David _________ Sandy's parents only one month before the wedding.
6. To celebrate the national holiday, the large crowd _________ candles and carried them to the church.
7. After months of poor sales, the shoe store finally _________ its doors in June.
8. The men _________ their torches around the dark cave and called out their friend's name.