Past Simple Gap Fill Worksheet 3
Choose one of the verbs from the box to fill the gap in each sentence. You need to put the verb into the past simple.
1. I never borrowed $20 from you, John. You _________ it to Mike!
2. When the teacher _________ the child's drawing of the dog, she laughed.
3. Susan _________ too much wine last night. She _________ singing in the restaurant!
4. I _________ my boss late last night and _________ I was ill and couldn't come to work.
5. The police officer listened carefully to the man, but didn't understand what he _________.
6. A strong northern wind _________ all night and covered the ground with leaves.
7. John F Kennedy _________ the President of the USA in 1960.