Past Simple Gap Fill Worksheet 3
Choose one of the verbs from the box to fill the gap in each sentence. You need to put the verb into the past simple.
1. I never borrowed $20 from you, John. You __LENT__ it to Mike!
2. When the teacher __SAW__ the child's drawing of the dog, she laughed.
3. Susan __DRANK__ too much wine last night. She __BEGAN__ singing in the restaurant!
4. I __RANG__ my boss late last night and __SAID__ I was ill and couldn't come to work.
5. The police officer listened carefully to the man, but didn't understand what he __MEANT__.
6. A strong northern wind __BLEW__ all night and covered the ground with leaves.
7. John F Kennedy __BECAME__ the President of the USA in 1960.