Past Simple Gap Fill Worksheet 2
Choose one of the verbs from the box to fill the gap in each sentence. You need to put the verb into the past simple.
1. My mother _________ me this ring shortly before she died. It's priceless!
2. I _________ you decided not to come with us. Have you changed your mind?
3. We both _________ thick sweaters, but still _________ so cold in the snow.
4. The thief _________ as fast as possible, but the police _________ him at the end of the road.
5. The small boy _________ the grass for the Hammond family and they gave him ten dollars.
6. I never _________ a horse when I was young. I was always too scared.
7. Jane _________ to tell her housemate about the phone call until it was too late.