Past Simple Gap Fill Worksheet 2
Choose one of the verbs from the box to fill the gap in each sentence. You need to put the verb into the past simple.
1. My mother __GAVE__ me this ring shortly before she died. It's priceless!
2. I __THOUGHT__ you decided not to come with us. Have you changed your mind?
3. We both __WORE__ thick sweaters, but still __FELT__ so cold in the snow.
4. The thief __RAN__ as fast as possible, but the police __CAUGHT__ him at the end of the road.
5. The small boy __CUT__ the grass for the Hammond family and they gave him ten dollars.
6. I never __RODE__ a horse when I was young. I was always too scared.
7. Jane __FORGOT__ to tell her housemate about the phone call until it was too late.